Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Heart Stands Still--In Waiting

We met at the crossroads
only to leave each other;

I was fortunate
because once in my life
my heart was anchored to yours,
yet unlucky for I was not able to defer your leaving-- my courage was not enough.

If only I could stop the clock from its ticking,
in a just time,
you could have given me the chance to etch my poetry
that clearly reflects my being...
and this genuine love could have convinced you to remain.

But my fate played otherwise,
and there is no stopping the clock from passing by...

And thus, you had to depart...
you needed to follow your god- he was calling you.

The rain then was falling and the season for parting came;
with tears, we just kissed goodbye
and listened to the sound of loneliness
penetrating into the depths of our soul
as we glimpsed each other
slowly fading in the darkest corner of the night.

I have been waiting you since then...
patiently, time after time...
season upon season...
longing for your coming.

Meanwhile, my heart is battling with pain,
struggling to stop this desire..
How to put an end?
I really don't know...
for it is so hard for me to put you into oblivion..

My heart stands still--in waiting.

(for gecelle)

No comments: